This CIEH Level 3 Supervising Food Safety Course has been developed to address the growing need to make learning more relevant to the Food environment and to meet the National Occupational Standards for Food Safety. In line with the National Standards reflecting sector specific needs, these qualifications provide a thorough understanding of food safety procedures emphasising the importance of monitoring staff and controls.
All trainees completing this course will receive a CIEH Level 3 Certificate in Supervising Food Safety.
Watch a 30 second video
This course provides for all the core aspects of Supervising Food Safety and covers all the main training modules such as:
- Introduction and microbiology
- Food safety hazards
- Food poisoning and food-borne disease
- Personal hygiene
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Waste control
- Pests as a hazard in food
- Food premises and food equipment
- Food storage and temperature control
- Food packaging, labelling and traceability
- Food preservation
- Food safety management
- Food hygiene legislation
Why is this training important?
Anyone working in a supervisory position in the food business is not only responsible but also accountable for food safety. It is therefore vital they are equipped with both the knowledge and confidence to do their job effectively.
Who Needs this Qualification?
- Those who are responsible for Food Safety Management Systems
- Those who oversee and monitor other members of staff and their practices
- Supervisors, Managers and other key members of staff within the business
- Any individual who is tasked to highlight food safety related hazards and risks within the business
- Those who are tasked with the management of pest control within the business
- Firm Ability to implement and supervise a food safety management system
- Understand food safety procedures
- Understand the concept of food hazards and the risks associated with them
- Understand the terminology with respect to supervising food safety
- Understand the techniques involved in controlling and monitoring food safety
- Appreciate the risks linked to cross contamination
- Understand the role temperature has to play in the control of food safety
- Appreciate the importance of supervising high standards of cleanliness in food premises
The Level 3 Food Safety Assessment is in a multiple choice format and contains a total of 60 questions. To pass the assessment and gain your CIEH Approved Food Safety Certificate you will need to answer at least 75% of the questions correctly, (45 out of 60).
This Level 3 Course has been Quality Assured and Approved by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH). The CIEH is at the forefront of environmental health and is the most recognisable Awarding Body within the field of Food Safety & Hygiene in Europe.
Each module differs in length and content, but a guide time for completion of all 13 modules is around 4 / 5 hours.