To implement a food safety system based on HACCP is a legal obligation for all food businesses. Managers may design the system but minimising hazards will only be achieved by the practices and data that is provided by staff. Unless staff are aware of HACCP, what it is and why it is in place, they are less likely to fulfil their role correctly and consistently. The effectiveness of any HACCP system depends on the performance of those who carry out the tasks and diligently contribute their part.
This course provides for all the core aspects of food safety and HACCP and covers all the main training outcomes such as:
- The principles of food safety
- Be able to demonstrate the highest food hygiene standard and guarantee food quality produce
- Understand the basic principles of HACCP and how to put HACCP plans in place
- Understand the causes and prevention of food spoilage and adopt measures for controlling hazards
- Understand the principles behind Food Safety Management and pre requisite requirements
Why is this training important?
Since 1998 it has been a legal requirement for all food businesses to have a food safety management system based on the principles of HACCP. The key to a successful HACCP system is to implement the simplest possible controls at the points that matter most.
- Introduction and Origin of HACCP
- Food Hazards and their Control
- Hygiene and the Workplace
- HACCP Plans
- Pre Requisites of HACCP