First Aid is essential for the immediate treatments of accidents before help from the emergency services arrive. Taking this course could really mean the difference between life and death and help minimise the severity of an injury. This First Aid Awareness Training will equip learners with the knowledge along with the steps they need to take in the event of a emergency situation occurring.
This course provides for all the core aspects of First Aid and covers all the main training outcomes such as:
- Appreciate the importance of first aid in the workplace
- Recognise the legal obligations and minimum provisions with respect to first aid
- Recognise additional provisions that are required for high-risk workplaces
- Identify the correct steps when responding to an accident, incident or injury
- Take appropriate action in response to accidents and emergencies at work
Why is this training important?
First Aid training and equipment provision is a legal requirement for your company no matter how small. First aid can save lives in a number of situations. Immediate CPR treatment, for example, is thought to double or triple the chances of survival for heart attack casualties.
- Introduction to First Aid
- The First Aid Box
- Wounds and Bleeding
- Allergic Reactions known as Anaphylaxis
- Heart Attacks
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- The Recovery Position