As a Fire Warden, you may be part of your organisation’s Evacuation Team and you will be responsible for ensuring that your area is evacuated safely and quickly in an emergency. It is a requirement for all premises to have an adequate number of trained certified Fire Wardens/Marshals to allow for safe evacuations if it becomes necessary.
This course will provide you with a guide to your daily duties as a Fire Warden.
This course provides for all the core aspects for Fire Wardens and covers all the main training outcomes such as:
- Understand the key elements of fire and fire safety provisions
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the Fire Warden
- Identify the steps involved as a newly appointed Fire Warden
- Distinguish between proactive and reactive duties
- Understand the responsibilities of a Fire Warden in the event of a fire emergency
- Understand the post-fire duties of the Fire Warden
Why is this training important?
Employers are responsible in law for both fire prevention and the safe evacuation of employees in the event of a fire. This course will ensure that employees have the necessary knowledge to play their part in cooperating with their employer in the implementation of fire safety in the workplace.
- Introducing the basics
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Procedure to follow in event of a fire emergency