Fire is probably the biggest risk to life that most people face in the workplace. It is, therefore, amazing that many people have little or no idea about the common causes of re, how to deal with them and how to escape safely from the scene should a re occur. This course deals with all three of these vital subjects, and successful completion of the course could literally be the difference between life and death.
This course provides for all the core aspects of Fire Safety and Evacuation on and covers all the main training outcomes such as:
- The cost of fire and steps of a fire risk assessment
- The fire triangle and key sources of fire
- Fire-fighting equipment such as fire extinguishers, alarms and safety signs
- Evacuation procedures and good housekeeping practices
- Employer and employee responsibility
Why is this training important?
Employers are responsible in law for both fire prevention and the safe evacuation of employees in the event of a fire. This course will ensure that employees have the necessary knowledge to play their part in cooperating with their employer in the implementation of fire safety in the workplace.
- Fire risk and flammable substances
- What is a risk assessment and key stages
- Good housekeeping practices
- Correct use of fire extinguishers
- Safe evacuation procedures
- Action if trapped by fire