The use of Display Screen Equipment (DSE) has rapidly become part of everyday life and we are all exposed to their harmful effects. DSE covers conventional equipment, such as televisions, along with more modern technologies such as computers, laptops and tablet devices.
This course will enable the learner to take positive action in respect of their own health and safety by creating a safe seating position, adopting the correct posture and operating workstation equipment appropriately.
This course provides for all the core aspects of DSE and workstation health and safety, and covers all the main training outcomes such as:
- Recognise the hazards and risks of poorly used DSE
- Understand the importance of assessing and adjusting your workstation
- Be aware of additional equipment that can help avoid injury
- Recognise the Health & Safety hazards and what you can do to avoid these hazards
- Understand the importance of performing stretches whilst at your workstation
Why is this training important?
As many millions of people now spend all their working days sitting in front of display screens whilst operating personal computers, this sedentary lifestyle, the repetitive physical activity and factors associated with display screen use can cause both minor and major health problems if the risks are not addressed. Such risks can o en be reduced, or removed altogether, by good workplace design and safe working practices.
- The hazards and risks associated with DSE
- How to set up your Workstation
- Your work environment
- Portable Equipment
- Stretched and Exercises