In excess of 500,000 commercial, industrial and public buildings in the UK and Ireland are likely to contain asbestos materials. Unless this material is properly managed then workers especially maintenance workers and contractors may breathe in the deadly fibres whilst carrying out their routine jobs. Asbestos poses a serious threat to health.
This course provides for all the core aspects of Asbestos Awareness and covers all the main training outcomes such as:
- Understand what asbestos is?
- Understand asbestos dangers and health effects?
Why is this training important?
The control of Asbestos at Work Regulations 2012 states that Asbestos Awareness training is mandatory for anyone who is involved with or affected by disturbing the fabric of a building. This course also helps those responsible for building, the “Duty Holder”, to understand the regulations and know how to provide with maintenance, alterations and repairs.
- Overview of Asbestos
- History and uses of asbestos
- Purpose of training
- Uses of asbestos
- Health hazards and Asbestos regulations
- Who are most likely at risk
- Asbestos in the work place
- Causes of disturbance and Control measures
- Registers and Asbestos surveys
- Asbestos identification and Risk assessment
- Best Practises